Thursday, February 7, 2013

THE MIRACLES


Normally, majority of the patients may experience immediate side effects upon starting the chemo such as fever, allergy, headache, nausea, vomiting, chills, hematuria, stomach ache, indigestion, constipation or diarrhea, but by the grace and blessing of our LORD, and through my prayers, I NEVER EXPERIENCED ANY OF THOSE IMMEDIATE SIDE EFECTS.  I was comfortable, relaxed and up and around. My Oncologist cautioned me that after one week, I may experience the delayed side effects such as extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, mouth sores, indigestion, nausea or vomiting, falling hair etc. Again, by the grace of GOD, I NEVER EXPERIENCED ANY DELAYED SIDE EFFECTS.
This was the 1st MIRACLE I received. In Jesus name.  Amen!

With my regular daily walking exercise, adequate rest, good nutrition, good oral hygiene, avoiding stress and pressure, relaxed and have peace of mind with GOD and myself, and most of all, I committed, entrusted and surrendered myself to Jesus for I know HE will direct my path to a speedy and full recovery. Amen!

I draw my strength and inspiration by watching the weekly inspirational talks of Ptrs Peter Tan-chi, Boy Saquing, Danny Urquico, etc. of CCF and the nightly talks of Ptrs Peter, Alex, Icko, Mari, Felichi, Camilla, Kata etc. of The 700 Club of Asia.
I also thank my family, love ones, relatives, friends and classmates for their encouraging words, supports and prayers that challenged me to carry on the fight of my life.


My Lymphoma is a blessing, because it brought me closer to GOD, to my family and to my son, Gerald, who came all the way from the Philippines to Taiwan to take care and look after me. Truly, I found a son who is, loving, and caring and I thank GOD for all this transformation in my life.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th chemo went on uneventful and smoothly and as usual, no immediate and delayed side effects were experienced except for loss of hair and continued loss of weight. I have lost a total of 16 kgs by then.

The 2nd MIRACLE happened last Dec. 20-24, after my 5th chemo, when I was admitted into the ER because of fever and I went into septic shock. My BP dropped to 80/50(severe hypotension), HR shot up to 150/mins.,(severe tachycardia),  aggravated by severe arrhythmia, severe neutropenia (WBC dropped to +/-900), severe anemia (Hct dropped to 7). They couldn’t stabilize my vital signs in spite of massive IVF pumped into my body plus vasoconstrictors to raise my BP. I was inserted a CVP line for emergency intervention. I stayed the whole night in the ER and was brought to the ward BEFORE LUNCH of Dec. 21 (end of the world prophecy) still with unstable vital signs. I was given a blood transfusion of two units of packed RBC because of my severe anemia, and Filgrastim (to increase my WBC)  because I had severe neutropenia. That night, I experienced NEAR-DEATH feeling. I was grasping for air and could hardly breathe, experiencing severe tachycardia and severe arrythmia and I thought I will not last through the night and it will be the end of the world for me. I lost my faith in GOD and started to curse HIM. Why in spite of my prayers, HE had forsaken me and instead of giving me relief, my condition turned from bad to worse. Why did HE abandon me and stood at a distance and didn’t come to my rescue.
The following day, Dec. 22, also JUST BEFORE LUNCH, all of a sudden and MIRACULOUSLY, all my symptoms just disappeared into the thin air. I was surprised but I trembled and felt guilty for what I said the night before. I thank GOD and at the same time I asked for forgiveness for not trusting and having faith in HIM.  Matthew 21:22: “Whatever you ask in prayer, with FAITH, you shall receive.”  And   I was impatient for HIM to act on my prayer.  Psalm 37-34: “Do not be impatient for the LORD to act. He will honor you, giving you the land (what you ask for). You will see the wicked destroyed.”     HE proved to me that HE is always there to come to my rescue and HE was just testing my faith. Now, I BELIEVE. He is truly an amazing, loving, merciful and compassionate GOD.  Have FAITH in HIM, open our hearts and invite HIM into our lives and accept JESUS as our LORD and Savior and HE will direct our path, HE will lighten our burden and we will never walk in darkness.  Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.”     In Jesus’ name.  Praise the LORD. Hallelujah! Amen!

The 3rd MIRACLE:  After the 4th and before my 5th chemo, I had a repeat PET scan and blood extraction the day before, prior to my appointment with my Oncologist. The following day, as I was waiting in his clinic and I was worried and praying hard about the outcome of my PET scan. When I was called in and looking at the scan result, he found out that the result showed all the previous hypermetabolic lesions from my previous scan have all disappeared. I was so happy and jumping out of joy, thanking and praising the LORD.  I’m NOW CANCER-FREE after only 4 sessions of chemo and even my Oncologist was amazed by my speedy and full recovery. In Jesus name.  Amen!

The 4th MIRACLE: Right on the dot, on the 1st day of the second week after my 5th chemo, I was, again, stricken with fever, cytotoxic-induced neutropenia and anemia and was hospitalized again for the 4th time. I stayed in the ER overnight where the doctors tried to stabilize my blood pressure, heart rate 
and my atrial flutter and atrial fibrillations with IVF, vasoconstrictors, digitalis and anti-arrhythmic drugs. When I was brought to the room the following day, all my signs and symptoms disappeared and discharged on the 5th day as improved. In Jesus name. Amen!

The 5th MIRACLE:  On my 6th and last chemo, I never had fever nor any untoward incident which I had experienced in my last 5 chemotherapies.  In Jesus name. Amen!

6 comments:

  1. The power of God is truly great

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a miracle. God bless those who believe, trust and have faith in Him. It is God's plan in his own Time, not our plan and time. Keep praying. Thanks and Praise the Lord.

    Cousin Philip Ng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I believe! Matthew 21:22 "Whatever you ask for in prayer, with faith, you will receive." Matthew 19:26 "For GOD all things are possible." Open the door of our heart and invite Jesus to come into our life and accept HIM as our LORD and Savior and HE will direct our path. Psalm 37:34 " Do not be impatient for the LORD to act. Travel steadily along HIS path. He will honor you, giving you the land "what you asked for". You will see the wicked destroyed. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Uncle Kong hee huat Tsai! Im glad that you are recovering fast... just always pray that you will be healed permanently. from your family here in Baguio we wish you gcomplete recovery and Happy new year! From Florencio & Anita,,, Grace & Sam ... Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Grace. Your prayers gave me strength and inspiration to carry on the fight and I won! Praise be the LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC(www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete