WHAT IS HEMOHIM?
COMPILED BY FRANCISO C. TANG, MD aka Huang Nung Yang, MD
What Is HemoHIM?
“HemoHIM is a new substance with special immune function that has been developed from Angelica radix, Cnidium officiale and Paeonia japonicum through biological engineering and radiation technology.”
HemoHIM stands for:
Hemo: is for Hemoglobin which carries oxygen from the red blood cells to the rest of the body where it releases the oxygen to burn nutrients to provide energy to power the functions of the body in metabolism.
H: is Hematopoeisis or Haemopoiesis is the production of all types of blood cells including formation, development, and differentiation of blood cells.
I : Immune System is the body's defense against infectious organisms and other invaders.
M: is Modulation meaning regulating according to measure or proportion.
Basically, HemoHIM strengthens/regulates your immune system, help your body form fresh blood cells and hemoglobin. HemoHIM is patented in Korea, in the United States, Japan, and in Europe as “Herbal composition for improving anticancer activity, immune response and hematopoiesis of the body, and protecting the body from oxidative damage"
HemoHIM is a not a medicine, but a functional health supplement. It serves a special purpose of strengthening your system. And the main ingredients are quite exotic: 1. Angelica radix, 2. Cnidium officiale, and 3. Paeonia japonica. These are herbs cultivated in the clean fields of South Korea, and were widely used in oriental herbal medicines for centuries.
Development of HemoHIM
HemoHIM was the name of a government research project by a team of Ph.D. scientists at Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI). The South Korean government proposed the project to create a new substance that will radically increase human immune system in order to protect the nation’s most valued scientists at KAERI, who have much higher chance of getting exposed to radiation compared to other people. The team tested more than 1,000 different kinds of herbs to create a perfect substance to accomplish the project’s objective. To do that, it took the team about 8 years and government assistant of more than 5 million dollars. At the finish of the project, the Korean government decided to commercialize the substance to offer it to the general public. The truth is, not only the scientists working with atomic energy is affected by radiation, but we are all exposed to radiation in our daily activities such as using cell phones! Then the project name HemoHIM became the substance/product name and was offered to the general public.
There are four main organizations/companies involved in the production of HemoHIM:
1. Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI): Responsible for the research and development of the HemoHIM formula.
2. Kolmar BNH Co. Ltd.: Provides capital.
3. SunBiotech (SBT): The company responsible for making the actual substance with the formula provided by KAERI.
4. Atomy: The only distributor of HemoHIM.
At first, Atomy wasn’t the distributor of HemoHIM. But the company who originally distributed HemoHIM sold it at $1,200 for one month’s supply. When the South Korean government found out about the ridiculous amount of profit the company was making, it seized its contract with the company because they violated the agreement to make HemoHIM readily available to common folks. After all, HemoHIM was developed using common folks’ tax money! The beauty of HemoHIM is that the ingredients are readily available in clean uncontaminated fields of South Korea. The three main ingredients were widely used for centuries as herbal medicines, but it is the research and and technology of KAERI that took ordinary herbs into such a substance. In fact, even if HemoHIM was so good, if its ingredients were outrageously expensive, common folks like you and I wouldn’t have been able to take it everyday.
Basic Product Information
(Information Source: http://www.atomy-usa.com/usa/product/hemohim0.asp )
Product Name: Atomy HemoHIM
Product Type: Individually Approved Dietary Supplement
Volume: 20ml x 60 (1,200ml)
Storage: Although the product has been sterilized, keep in a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Consume right immediately after opening.
Research & Development: Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI)
Manufacturer: Kolmar BNH Co. Ltd. - SunBiotech (SBT)
Ingredients: HemoHIM Mixed Herbal Extracts [Angelica radix/Korea, Cnidium officiale/Korea, Paeonia japonicum /Korea], Aqua, Honey, Glyopexis, Fructo-oligosaccharide, Citric Acid, Guar Gum, Sodium Alginate, Vitamin C, Kelp Meal, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B1 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B2
For maintenance - One packet (20ml) 3x/day.
For cancer patients/undergoing chemotherapy - Four (4) packets twice daily. One box contains 60 packets in total.
Caution when taking HemoHIM:
– Cnidium officinale and Paeonia japonica may cause allergic reactions upon intake consumption.
– Not recommended for children under 6 years old.
– Women who are pregnant, nursing, or experiencing menstrual irregularity, or have bleeding disorders should consult a doctor before taking this product.
– Do not take products past the expiration date.
Recommended for the following people.
- Patients with cancer or undergoing chemotherapy to help them boost their immune system
– Elders who need stamina and energy restoration
– Workers exhausted from long hours of work
– Students that need physical endurance
– Long-distance drivers
– House-wives worn out from stress of housework
– Athletes who consume a lot of physical energy
% based on daily values
Amount Per Serving Content - % Daily Value
Total Calories: 20 Kcal
Total Carbohydrate: 4.6 g -1.5%
Sugar: 2.5 g - 0.12%
Total Fat: 0g
Sodium : 3 mg.
Functional Substances: Cholorogenic acid
* May help in improvement of immunity. (Physiological Function Level 2)
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What Is In HemoHIM?
The three main ingredients of HemoHim :
Angelica gigantis Radix, Cnidium officiale Makino, and Paeonia japonicum Miyabe et Takeda
1. Angelicae gigantis Radix: Used for menstrual cramps, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and menopausal symptoms. It is also used orally as a ”blood purifier”; to manage hypertension, infertility, joint pain, ulcers, anemia, constipation; and in the prevention and treatment of allergic attacks.
Dong quai is also used orally for the treatment of LOSS OF SKIN COLOR (DEPIGMENTATION) and PSORIASIS.
Angelicae Gigantis Radix regulates mast cell-mediated allergic inflammation in vivo and in vitro.
2. Cnidium officinale Makino
3. Paeonia japonica Miyabe et Takeda
Patents & Certificates
No.; Country Registration; Number Designation.
1. Korea 0401955 Immune system, hematosis enhancement and protective herbal composition and manufacturing process
2. 0440863 Hematosis enhancement and anti-radiation herbal extracts
3. 0449655 Hematosis, immune system reinforcement and anti-radiation health functional food
4. 0506384 Anti-cancer, immune system, and hematosis enhancement and oxidant controlling effect herbal composition and manufacturing process (health food, medicine)
(Germany, England, France, Italy) EP01466608 Herbal composition comprising Angelica gigantis,
Cnidium officinale and Paeonia japonica
6. Japan JP04055951 Galenical composition having anticancer/immune/hematopoietic function enhancing effect and oxidative living body damage suppressing effect and manufacturing method thereof
7. USA US06964785 Herbal composition for improving anticancer activity, immune response and hematopoiesis of the body, and protecting the body from oxidative damage, and the method of preparing the same
Scientific Literature On HemoHIM
HemoHIM Research Literatures:
HemoHIM is not just a product. It is a result of vigorous scientific research. Many scientists are referring HemoHIM in their professional scientific journals. There are currently 18 science journal literature about HemoHIM on US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health alone.
Science Journal Literature About HemoHIM Found on PubMed:
PubMed is a service of the US National Library of Medicine® that Provides free access to databases of indexed citations and abstracts to medical, nursing, dental, veterinary, health care, and preclinical sciences journal articles.
1. Preventative effect of an herbal preparation (HemoHIM) on development of airway inflammation in mice via modulation of Th1/2 cells differentiation.
2. Protective effects of
HemoHIM on immune and hematopoietic systems against γ-irradiation.
3. HemoHIM enhances the therapeutic efficacy of ionizing radiation treatment in tumor-bearing mice.
4. Screening of anti-obesity agent from herbal mixtures.
5. HemoHIM ameliorates the persistent down-regulation of Th1-like immune responses in fractionated γ-irradiated mice by modulating the IL-12p70-STAT4 signaling pathway.
6. Protective effect of an herbal preparation (HemoHIM) on radiation-induced intestinal injury in mice.
7. HemoHIM improves ovarian morphology and decreases expression of nerve growth factor in rats with steroid-induced polycystic ovaries.
8. Enhanced antitumor efficacy of cisplatin in combination with HemoHIM in tumor-bearing mice.
9. Restoration of the immune functions in aged mice by supplementation with a new herbal composition, HemoHIM.